With deep gratitude, I would like to acknowledge:
- my students from the five colleges: Smith College, Amherst College, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Mount Holyoke College and Hampshire College, with whom I have been growing as a Korean teacher.
- The Five College Consortium that graciously supported the creation of this book with a Mellon Grant.
- my colleagues in the East Asian Languages & Literatures Department at Smith College who have offered constant encouragement and support for my teaching.
- translator and Quizlet and Show-me video creator, Oona McNally (Smith College)
- audio-file creator, Dasom Ann (Smith College)
- e-book platform designer, James Lucey (Simmons College Graduate School)
and many others who offered their time and assistance for the sake
of this book:
- Tammy Lockett (Smith College Online Instructional Designer)
- Essay writers: Yael Tsitohay, Mariya Germash, Pema Choden and other former students (Smith College)
- Photographers in Korea: Yumi Hong, Hyunah Park, Hanee Yi
- Cover models: Talyor Cassidy (University of Massachusetts Amherst) and Elizabeth Carper (Smith College)